Maybe it would be good to mention run-mode-hooks or perhaps better link to (info "(elisp) Mode Hooks") from (info "(elisp) Running Hooks")? On 6/16/08, Jason Rumney wrote: > > sand@blarg.net wrote: > >> The bottom of the function 'nxml-mode' ("nxml/nxml-mode.el", line 554; >> your mileage may vary) has >> >> (run-hooks 'nxml-mode-hook) >> >> It should use 'run-mode-hooks', because this is a major mode >> definition. Can someone fix that? >> >> It looks like there are some other major modes with the same problem. >> For example: terminal-mode, view-mode, remember-mode, erc, rmail, >> rcirc. Most of the matches below are minor modes, though. >> >> > > The other major modes don't seem to be editing modes, and most of them have > been in Emacs for a long time, so I am not sure if they should be changed, > or if they have been left deliberately. But I have changed nxml-mode. > > > >