On 11/25/2022 12:18 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 11:31:07 -0800 >> Cc: 58877@debbugs.gnu.org >> From: Jim Porter >> >> Hm, it looks like the emacsclient may not be starting up correctly. >> Could you try the attached patch? I doubt this will fix the tests, but >> hopefully you'll get some more-useful error messages. > > Here are the failure info from each failed test after this patch: > > Test server-tests/emacsclient/create-frame condition: > Output: > (ert-test-failed "timed out waiting for (or (= (length server-clients) (1+ starting-client-count)) (eq (process-status emacsclient) exit-status)) to be non-nil") > FAILED 1/7 server-tests/emacsclient/create-frame (5.062500 sec) at lisp/server-tests.el:138 Oops, sorry about that. I didn't realize until now that 'ert-info' computes its message immediately, rather than at the time of printing the info.[1] I've added a bit of code to ert.el to support this case, which will hopefully produce better output. I also added the server.el logs to the output of test failures. Note that they'll print the environment variables of the client, so it's probably worth skimming over them before posting just in case there are any secrets in there. [1] Maybe there's a better way to do this, but it should at least work for the time being. I'm open to alternatives here so that these tests are as informative as possible when they fail.