all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* autofill - wrong number of arguments when refilling paragraph
@ 2006-02-26  3:06 Rares Vernica
From: Rares Vernica @ 2006-02-26  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am editing a .tex file and the auto-fill-mode is on. When trying to
refill a paragraph I get:
Wrong number of arguments: #<subr set-match-data>, 2

Anyway, it seems that if there is an empty line before the paragraph
everything works fine.

For example, is instead of:
   \begin{abstract}
     bla bla

I have:
   \begin{abstract}

     bla bla

it works.

Is the empty line before the paragraph a requirement for the refill
command to work?

Thanks,
Ray

* Re: autofill - wrong number of arguments when refilling paragraph
@ 2006-02-26 10:26 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2006-02-26 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Rares Vernica (2006-02-26) writes:

> I am editing a .tex file and the auto-fill-mode is on. When trying to
> refill a paragraph I get:

What does "refill" mean?  Do you type a space so that Auto Fill mode
kicks in an fills the current line (as the subject of your message
seems to indicate) or do you type `M-q' for filling a paragraph
manually?

> Wrong number of arguments: #<subr set-match-data>, 2

What version of Emacs is this?  Do you use AUCTeX?  Can you type `M-x
toggle-debug-on-error RET', provoke the error again, and post the
resulting backtrace?

--
Ralf

* Re: autofill - wrong number of arguments when refilling paragraph
@ 2006-02-26 20:45   ` Rares Vernica
From: Rares Vernica @ 2006-02-26 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ralf Angeli wrote:
> * Rares Vernica (2006-02-26) writes:
>
>> I am editing a .tex file and the auto-fill-mode is on. When trying to
>> refill a paragraph I get:
>
> What does "refill" mean?  Do you type a space so that Auto Fill mode
> kicks in an fills the current line (as the subject of your message
> seems to indicate) or do you type `M-q' for filling a paragraph
> manually?

I type M-q inside a paragraph.

>> Wrong number of arguments: #<subr set-match-data>, 2
>
> What version of Emacs is this?  Do you use AUCTeX?  Can you type `M-x
> toggle-debug-on-error RET', provoke the error again, and post the
> resulting backtrace?

The version is 21.4 and I think I use ACUTeX.

Thanks a lot,
Ray

---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr
set-match-data> 2)
   set-match-data((#<marker at 1 in abstract.tex> #<marker at 7 in
abstract.tex> #<marker at 1 in abstract.tex> #<marker at 7 in
abstract.tex> #<marker at 2 in abstract.tex> #<marker at 7 in
abstract.tex>) evaporate)
   byte-code("Á\bÂ\"‡" [save-match-data-internal set-match-data evaporate] 3)
   byte-code("`\bVƒoo„oÆyƒoÇÈ	ÉÊ\nË°\x06!ƒŠÌ”bˆÍ ^[ÎŽÏ bˆ*Í
^[ÐŽÇÑ\f!ÒÓ	Ô°\x05!*ƒbÕ``\fG\\\"\f˜ƒOÏ bˆÌyˆ`
Wƒ\\`‚]Ö\x16\x1a‚fÖ”\x16\x1a)×ØÙ\"ˆ‚Ù‡" [limit TeX-comment-start-regexp
LaTeX-paragraph-commands-regexp save-match-data-internal TeX-esc start
-1 looking-at "^[ 	]*" "*" "[ 	]*\\(" "\\)" 1 match-data ((byte-code
"Á\bÂ\"‡" [save-match-data-internal set-match-data evaporate] 3))
TeX-find-macro-end ((byte-code "Á\bÂ\"‡" [save-match-data-internal
set-match-data evaporate] 3)) regexp-quote "[@A-Za-z]+" "\\|[
]*\\($\\|" "\\)" buffer-substring-no-properties 0 throw found nil
end-point] 7)
   LaTeX-backward-paragraph()
   LaTeX-fill-paragraph(nil)
   fill-paragraph(nil)
   call-interactively(fill-paragraph)

* Re: autofill - wrong number of arguments when refilling paragraph
@ 2006-02-26 23:40     ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2006-02-26 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Rares Vernica (2006-02-26) writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>> * Rares Vernica (2006-02-26) writes:
>>
>>> Wrong number of arguments: #<subr set-match-data>, 2
>>
>> What version of Emacs is this?  Do you use AUCTeX?  Can you type `M-x
>> toggle-debug-on-error RET', provoke the error again, and post the
>> resulting backtrace?
>
> The version is 21.4 and I think I use ACUTeX.

Was AUCTeX compiled with the version of Emacs you are using?  If it
wasn't, could you try if compiling it with that version solves your
problem?

--
Ralf

* Re: autofill - wrong number of arguments when refilling paragraph
@ 2006-02-27  1:58       ` Rares Vernica
From: Rares Vernica @ 2006-02-27  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can try that.

Thanks,