all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Long loading times for "tramp"
@ 2016-06-09  0:36 egarrulo
       [not found] ` <mailman.1180.1465439689.1216.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: egarrulo @ 2016-06-09  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I start "emacs -Q", then evaluate "(require 'tramp)" and then I must
wait for more than two minutes to interact with Emacs again.

I am using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 on GNU/Linux.

Any idea?  Thank you.

* Re: Long loading times for "tramp"
@ 2016-06-09  2:34 ` Noam Postavsky
       [not found] ` <mailman.1180.1465439689.1216.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Noam Postavsky @ 2016-06-09  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

egarrulo <egarrulo <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I start "emacs -Q", then evaluate "(require 'tramp)" and then I must
> wait for more than two minutes to interact with Emacs again.
>
> I am using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 on GNU/Linux.

Sounds like https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20015

Try changing your DNS, or setting tramp-ssh-controlmaster-options before

@ 2016-06-09  5:17   ` egarrulo
From: egarrulo @ 2016-06-09  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 09/06/16 04:34, Noam Postavsky wrote:
> egarrulo <egarrulo <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I start "emacs -Q", then evaluate "(require 'tramp)" and then I must
>> wait for more than two minutes to interact with Emacs again.
>>
>> I am using GNU Emacs 24.5.1 on GNU/Linux.
>
> Sounds like https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20015
>
> Try changing your DNS, or setting tramp-ssh-controlmaster-options before

(setq tramp-ssh-controlmaster-options "")

before loading tramp does fix the issue.  Thanks.