all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* increasing *gud* buffer max size.
@ 2005-12-20 12:00 mak kwak
From: mak kwak @ 2005-12-20 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo
As my application puts more than say, 10000 lines into *gud* buffer,  the oldest lines are just removed from the buffer.
how can I increase *gud* buffer maximum size?

Greetings

Wyprzedaz - wiatrowka Magnum za jedyne 149 zł, dostępna
bez zezwolenia. Idealny prezent pod choinkę, sprawdz juz teraz!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fmagnum.html&sid=616

* Re: increasing *gud* buffer max size.
@ 2005-12-20 17:47 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-12-20 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ C-h v comint-buffer-maximum-size RET ]
| comint-buffer-maximum-size's value is 1024
|
| Documentation:
| *The maximum size in lines for comint buffers.
| Comint buffers are truncated from the top to be no greater than this
number, if
| the function `comint-truncate-buffer' is on
`comint-output-filter-functions'.

| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `comint'.
`----

So you probably need to do one of these things in an appropriate hook:

(remove-hook (make-local-hook 'comint-output-filter-functions)
              'comint-truncate-buffer
              t)                         ; redundant?

(set (make-local-variable 'comint-buffer-maximum-size)
      (lsh -1 -1))                       ; see most-positive-fixnum

There's no general gud-mode-hook, only gdb-mode-hook, perldb-mode-hook,
etc. so it depends on how you invoke gdb.  For example:

(add-hook 'gdb-mode-hook
           (lambda ()
             (remove-hook ...)))

--