all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Startup dictonary with aspell?
@ 2005-12-12 16:21 Paminu
From: Paminu @ 2005-12-12 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tell emacs to use aspell like:

(setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)

But I cannot seem to make it start with danish as default, I have tried
this:

(setq aspell-dictionary "dansk")

But each time I start emacs it uses english instead!

Any hint on how to permanently make emacs startup with danish instead?

* Re: Startup dictonary with aspell?
@ 2005-12-12 19:35 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-12-12 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 12.12.2005 um 17:21 schrieb Paminu:

> (setq aspell-dictionary "dansk")
>
> But each time I start emacs it uses english instead!

You could switch to the other dictionary ... some ideas:

      (setq ispell-dictionary "deutsch")
      (set-default 'ispell-local-dictionary ispell-dictionary)
      (add-hook 'TeX-language-en-hook (function (lambda ()
(ispell-change-dictionary "british"))))
      (ispell-change-dictionary "deutsch8")

--
Greetings

              ~  O
   Pete       ~~_\\_/%
              ~  O  o

* Re: Startup dictonary with aspell?
@ 2005-12-12 19:49 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-12-12 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paminu wrote:
> I tell emacs to use aspell like:
>

> (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)
>
> But I cannot seem to make it start with danish as default, I have tried
> this:
>
> (setq aspell-dictionary "dansk")
>
> But each time I start emacs it uses english instead!
>
> Any hint on how to permanently make emacs startup with danish instead?

Try setting ispell-dictionary instead.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: Startup dictonary with aspell?
@ 2005-12-12 20:42 ` Stefan Reichör
From: Stefan Reichör @ 2005-12-12 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo Paminu!

> I tell emacs to use aspell like:
>

> (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)
>
> But I cannot seem to make it start with danish as default, I have tried
> this:
>
> (setq aspell-dictionary "dansk")
>
> But each time I start emacs it uses english instead!
>
> Any hint on how to permanently make emacs startup with danish instead?

Look at ispell-dictionary and ispell-local-dictionary

Stefan.