all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* etags for windows ?
@ 2005-10-22 13:29 Marcel Lautenbach
       [not found] ` <mailman.12237.1129997383.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Marcel Lautenbach @ 2005-10-22 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,

short question: Is there a way to use etags on windows????

Marcel

* Re: etags for windows ?
@ 2005-10-22 16:09 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.12237.1129997383.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-10-22 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Marcel Lautenbach <marcel.lautenbach@t-online.de>
> Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:29:34 +0200
>
> short question: Is there a way to use etags on windows????

The same as on Unix, I'd say:

    etags *.c *.h *.cpp

or (if there are subdirectories with source files)

    find . -name "*.[ch]" | etags -

If your problem is with the (usually missing on Windows) Find command,
then download and install the Windows port of GNU Find, e.g. from the
GnuWin32 site.

If the above doesn't help, please ask more specific questions.

* Re: etags for windows ?
       [not found] ` <mailman.12237.1129997383.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-10-22 18:09   ` Marcel Lautenbach
From: Marcel Lautenbach @ 2005-10-22 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>From: Marcel Lautenbach <marcel.lautenbach@t-online.de>
>>Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:29:34 +0200
>>
>>short question: Is there a way to use etags on windows????
>

> The same as on Unix, I'd say:
>
>     etags *.c *.h *.cpp
>
> or (if there are subdirectories with source files)
>
>     find . -name "*.[ch]" | etags -
>
> If your problem is with the (usually missing on Windows) Find command,
> then download and install the Windows port of GNU Find, e.g. from the
> GnuWin32 site.
>
> If the above doesn't help, please ask more specific questions.

Hi,

thanks for this reply. Well, as far as I know etags is an extra program
shipped with unix like Operating Systems. On windows I am not able to
use the etag program. I also tried to find it with ports of GNU's find
or which. Aktually I am searching a port of etags for windows :-) Any idea?

* Re: etags for windows ?
@ 2005-10-22 19:21     ` martin
From: martin @ 2005-10-22 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"ML" == Marcel Lautenbach <marcel.lautenbach@t-online.de> writes:
 ML> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
 ML> Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:09:08 +0200
 ML>
 ML> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
 >>> From: Marcel Lautenbach <marcel.lautenbach@t-online.de>
 >>> Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:29:34 +0200
 >>>
 >>> short question: Is there a way to use etags on windows????
 >> The same as on Unix, I'd say:
 >> etags *.c *.h *.cpp
 >> or (if there are subdirectories with source files)
 >> find . -name "*.[ch]" | etags -
 >> If your problem is with the (usually missing on Windows) Find
 >> command,
 >> then download and install the Windows port of GNU Find, e.g. from the
 >> GnuWin32 site.
 >> If the above doesn't help, please ask more specific questions.
 >>
 ML> Hi,
 ML>
 ML> thanks for this reply. Well, as far as I know etags is an extra
 ML> program shipped with unix like Operating Systems. On windows I am not
 ML> able to use the etag program. I also tried to find it with ports of
 ML> GNU's find or which. Aktually I am searching a port of etags for
 ML> windows :-) Any idea?

hi,

etags is part of windows emacs and resides in the bin directory

martin

--
parozusa at web dot de

* Re: etags for windows ?
@ 2005-10-22 19:38       ` Marcel Lautenbach
From: Marcel Lautenbach @ 2005-10-22 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

martin wrote:
> "ML" == Marcel Lautenbach <marcel.lautenbach@t-online.de> writes:
>  ML> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
>  ML> Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:09:08 +0200
>  ML> Organization: T-Online
>  ML>
>  ML> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>  >>> From: Marcel Lautenbach <marcel.lautenbach@t-online.de>
>  >>> Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:29:34 +0200
>  >>>
>  >>> short question: Is there a way to use etags on windows????
>  >> The same as on Unix, I'd say:
>  >> etags *.c *.h *.cpp
>  >> or (if there are subdirectories with source files)
>  >> find . -name "*.[ch]" | etags -
>  >> If your problem is with the (usually missing on Windows) Find
>  >> command,
>  >> then download and install the Windows port of GNU Find, e.g. from the
>  >> GnuWin32 site.
>  >> If the above doesn't help, please ask more specific questions.
>  >>
>  ML> Hi,
>  ML>
>  ML> thanks for this reply. Well, as far as I know etags is an extra
>  ML> program shipped with unix like Operating Systems. On windows I am not
>  ML> able to use the etag program. I also tried to find it with ports of
>  ML> GNU's find or which. Aktually I am searching a port of etags for
>  ML> windows :-) Any idea?
>
> hi,
>
> etags is part of windows emacs and resides in the bin directory
>
> martin
>
>  ML>

yahuu. You know the positive thing about beeing dump? I can allway get
educated :-)

Martin, thanks for the hint. I found it, set the path so windows find it
et voliá :-)