all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Customizing lisp-mode
@ 2005-10-05 10:43 Jérôme Haguet
From: Jérôme Haguet @ 2005-10-05 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I would like to customize lisp-mode because we use it to edit files for
a Lisp-based dialect

Here are two examples of what I want to do :

1/
In (dce blabla ...)
a/ should be colorized like (defun bla_bla_bla ...)
b/ should appear in index menu

2/
In (my_lisp_prefix.my_lisp_symbol bla_bla_bla ..)
my_lisp_prefix should be colorized with font-lock-type-face.

What is the best way to do it ? Customize lisp-mode ? Create a new mode
       ?
What variable should be modified ?
I try to play with lisp-imenu-generic-expression to achieve 1-b without
any success.

Thank you for any tip

* Re: Customizing lisp-mode
@ 2005-10-18 16:58 ` Brad Collins
From: Brad Collins @ 2005-10-18 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need to get around to doing exactly the same thing.

The best approach is to create a derived-mode based on lisp-mode.

There are a couple of examples of how to do this on
http://www.emacswiki.org

Search the site for derived-mode.

In this way you can use everything in lisp-mode and just add the
extra font locking that you want.

Creating a derived mode was one of the first things I tried to do when
learning elisp so it is pretty easy to do when you see the examples...

If this doesn't work, drop me an email off list and It'll force me to
write the damn thing and give you a template for your mode.

Cheers,

b/

--
Brad Collins <brad@chenla.org>, Bangkok, Thailand