all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Issues running shell/tshell
@ 2005-09-30 13:47 aizenman
From: aizenman @ 2005-09-30 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'd like to run a shell in emacs because I hear that it's so damn cool
:-) But both shell options (shell and tshell) have their issues that
make them unuseable.  Does anyone know the solutions?

-shell-
I'd like to be able to use up and down arrow to get history.  Is there
perhaps a line I can put in my .emacs to give me that option?

-tshell-
Formatting is terrible:
~/foo/ > ls
aasdfasdf		  basdfasdf*		 casdfasdfasdf*
											       asdfasdfasdf		  fgsdfgsdfg			 xcvzxcveafgds
							       qweryietyur		  vbmnfjkfk

Any thoughts on how to make it recognize the screen width?

-general-
Is there a way to get proper syntax coloring?

Thanks!
~aizenman