all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* commit in same coding the buffer
@ 2005-09-16 16:01 Étienne Bersac
From: Étienne Bersac @ 2005-09-16 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm on a utf-8 environment. I have some project which require latin-1.
I'm able to set the file-coding-sytem per directory  with
modify-coding-system-alist, but when i commit with vc, the comment is in
utf-8, not in latin1.

How to change this behaviour in order to commit in the same
coding-system than the buffer.

I try to modify vc-start-entry in vc.el, but i don't know how to get the
parent coding sytem.

is a function (get-buffer-coding-sytem (buffer)) defined ? No ! But how
to get this info ???

Thanks.

--
Verso l'Alto !
Étienne.

* Re: commit in same coding the buffer
@ 2005-09-19 15:22 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-09-19 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Étienne Bersac wrote:
 > I'm on a utf-8 environment. I have some project which require latin-1.
 > I'm able to set the file-coding-sytem per directory with
 > modify-coding-system-alist, but when i commit with vc, the comment is
 > in utf-8, not in latin1.  How to change this behaviour in order to
 > commit in the same coding-system than the buffer.

I think you should report that as a bug.

 > I try to modify vc-start-entry in vc.el, but i don't know how to get
 > the parent coding sytem.
 >
 > is a function (get-buffer-coding-sytem (buffer)) defined ? No ! But how
 > to get this info ???

Just a guess:
(with-current-buffer vc-parent-buffer
   buffer-file-coding-system)