all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using non-standard GNU GLOBAL options from within Emacs
@ 2005-09-08 10:57 per.nordlow
From: per.nordlow @ 2005-09-08 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have nocited that some of the options to GNU GLOBAL (for example
--symbol) are not enabled with the standard Emacs GNU GLOBAL interface.
How do I enable such flags when performing lookups from withing Emacs?

Some useful options:
`-s', `--symbol'
    Collect symbols other than functions. By default, locate function
definitions.
`-t', `--typedef'
    Pick up not only function but also typedef name and enum member as
a definition.

Many thanks in advance,

Per Nordlöw

* Re: Using non-standard GNU GLOBAL options from within Emacs
@ 2005-09-08 19:27 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-09-08 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

per.nordlow@gmail.com wrote:
> I have nocited that some of the options to GNU GLOBAL (for example
> --symbol) are not enabled with the standard Emacs GNU GLOBAL interface.
> How do I enable such flags when performing lookups from withing Emacs?
>
> Some useful options:
> `-s', `--symbol'
>     Collect symbols other than functions. By default, locate function
> definitions.
> `-t', `--typedef'
>     Pick up not only function but also typedef name and enum member as
> a definition.

Since gtags.el is distributed with GNU GLOBAL and not GNU Emacs, you
should ask on <bug-global@gnu.org> (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/global/maillist.html).

--
Kevin Rodgers