all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Calling `compile` command on a remote host
@ 2005-09-05 14:13 Anakreon
From: Anakreon @ 2005-09-05 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use tramp to edit files on a remote host from within emacs.
This works fine but I'd prefer to call the [Alt+x compile] command on those
files. Now I use ssh to call 'make' on the remote host which has the disadvantage
that the errors found during compilation are reported on the console.

Is there a way to convince the compile command to call 'make' on the remote host
via ssh?

[parent not found: <mailman.5954.1125932329.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]