all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* font of menus
@ 2005-08-23 10:54 Friedrich Laher
From: Friedrich Laher @ 2005-08-23 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

is ther no way to influence the font of menus?
The
following does not work

(global-font-lock-mode -1)
(setq k "Kategorie")
(set-face-font 'modeline "12*24")
(put-text-property 0 9 'face 'modeline k)
 (x-popup-menu t
            (list k
               '("" ("Computer" . "c")("Warmduscher" . "d")
                   ("Ereignis" . "e")("Fernsehen"   . "f")
                   ("Ort"      . "o")("Person"      . "p")
                   ("Reisen"   . "r")("Sport"       . "s")
                                     ("Sprichwort"  . "w")
             ) )
)

* Re: font of menus
@ 2005-08-23 17:21 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-08-23 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Friedrich Laher wrote:
> is ther no way to influence the font of menus?

Have you tried customizing the menu face?

See also the Lucid [Menu X] Resources or LessTif [Menu X] Resources
sections of the Emacs manual, depending on which toolkit you're using.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: font of menus
@ 2005-08-24  6:27   ` Friedrich Laher
From: Friedrich Laher @ 2005-08-24  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you!

so my command line will be

emacs -xrm "Emacs.menu*.font: 12*24" ...

( and it does yield the intended result )

Kevin Rodgers wrote:

> Friedrich Laher wrote:
>
>> is ther no way to influence the font of menus?
>

> Have you tried customizing the menu face?

how to do it that way ( ?? option -> customize ... ? )
I cannot see but because my application invoces
emacs via shellscript, it's better done there anyway.

@ 2005-08-24 16:08     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-08-24 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Friedrich Laher wrote:
 > Kevin Rodgers wrote:
 >> Have you tried customizing the menu face?
 >
 > how to do it that way ( ?? option -> customize ... ? )
 > I cannot see but because my application invoces
 > emacs via shellscript, it's better done there anyway.

Options -> Customize Emacs -> Specific Face...

--
Kevin Rodgers