Dunno whether this is perhaps already known and not considered a bug. Dunno whether, if it is considered a bug, it is seen as an Emacs bug, since Emacs manuals are not the only ones exhibiting the bug. Anyway, If I look at the GNU manuals online, such as this one: http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/elisp.html, and I choose "HTML - with one web page per node.", and I start visiting nodes, I see that the individual lines of text are generally centered, instead of being left-justified. This looks awful and makes reading more difficult. A list of bullets, for instance, does not have the bullets aligned. Here, as an example, is the first node of the Elisp manual: http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Introduction.html#Introduction And this is what it looks like - see attachment. In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of 2014-01-07 on ODIEONE Bzr revision: 115916 bzg@gnu.org-20140107233629-du2solx6tmxnx0np Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601 Configured using: `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'