all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ffap vs. bla>/tmp/p
@ 2005-08-17 18:28 Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2005-08-17 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

ffap was unable to detect /tmp/p in memos>/tmp/p when I
placed the cursor on it in compilation mode and hit C-x
C-f. Adding a space: memos> /tmp/p allows it to work. I
mean who would put a > in a filename?

* Re: ffap vs. bla>/tmp/p
@ 2005-08-18 16:23 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-08-18 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Jacobson wrote:
 > ffap was unable to detect /tmp/p in memos>/tmp/p when I
 > placed the cursor on it in compilation mode and hit C-x
 > C-f. Adding a space: memos> /tmp/p allows it to work. I
 > mean who would put a > in a filename?

You and I have been over this before: sh-mode and/or shell-mode (you
didn't say) should have an entry in ffap-string-at-point-mode-alist that
is a copy of the default file entry, but with ">" added to the BEG
characters; see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2004-12/msg00093.html

--
Kevin Rodgers