all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Return doesn't work any more
@ 2003-05-15 22:41 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2003-05-15 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

When I add the lines

  ;;; Ctrl-M for _m_y personal shortcuts (as a test)
  (global-unset-key "\C-m")
  (global-set-key "\C-ml" 'goto-line)
  (global-set-key "\C-mg" 'goto-line)
  (global-set-key "\C-mf" 'flyspell-mode)

to my .emacs, there's only 'RET' in the line at the bottom instead of
a simple return in the buffer currently edited.

Why does this affect the return-key and how do I get my custom
shortcuts without harming my enter-key?

TNX

--
Karl VOIT, Graz University of Technology (Austria/Europe)