all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Some letters get cut off
@ 2005-08-06 13:05 Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2005-08-06 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw

Hello, I'm using GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2005-07-07
and I'm having a font problem. Some letters get their width cut off at the
right-hand side. Just a few pixels, but still very annoying. The image found
here exhibits the problem:
http://www-und.ida.liu.se/~mikas493/cutoff.png

As you can see the D in HWND get cut off at a number of places, also the K
in CALLBACK.

The problem occurs for both capital and non-capital letters, but may be a
bit more frequent for capital letters.

The font setting in my .emacs file is as follows:
(set-default-font
"-outline-Crisp-normal-r-normal-normal-16-120-96-96-c-70-iso8859-1")

I was hoping someone might have an idea what's wrong and an idea how to fix
it. I'm still very much a novice, I'm afraid.

Thanks for any replies!

/ E

* Re: Some letters get cut off
@ 2005-08-06 13:34 ` Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2005-08-06 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw

Eric Lilja wrote:
> Hello, I'm using GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of
> 2005-07-07 and I'm having a font problem. Some letters get their
> width cut off at the right-hand side. Just a few pixels, but still
> very annoying. The image found here exhibits the problem:
> http://www-und.ida.liu.se/~mikas493/cutoff.png
>
> As you can see the D in HWND get cut off at a number of places, also
> the K in CALLBACK.
>
> The problem occurs for both capital and non-capital letters, but may
> be a bit more frequent for capital letters.
>
> The font setting in my .emacs file is as follows:
> (set-default-font
> "-outline-Crisp-normal-r-normal-normal-16-120-96-96-c-70-iso8859-1")
>
> I was hoping someone might have an idea what's wrong and an idea how
> to fix it. I'm still very much a novice, I'm afraid.

I tried upgrading to the very latest version of cvs emacs but that didn't
solve the problem. But then I did solve the problem by reading up on the
font itself...it didn't like the bold setting.