all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* vm - saving outgoing messages to som folder.
@ 2005-08-03 11:46 makwak
From: makwak @ 2005-08-03 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo
Is there ready to use mechanizm that will save autgoing  messages to some `sent' folder ?

greetings

* Re: vm - saving outgoing messages to som folder.
@ 2005-08-03 16:02 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-08-03 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

makwak wrote:
 > Is there ready to use mechanizm that will save autgoing messages to
 > some `sent' folder ?

If you would RTFM, the Mail Headers subsection of the Sending Mail
section has this:

`FCC'
      This field contains the name of one file and directs Emacs to
      append a copy of the message to that file when you send the
      message.  If the file is in Rmail format, Emacs writes the message
      in Rmail format; otherwise, Emacs writes the message in system
      mail file format.  To specify more than one file, use several
      `FCC' fields, with one file name in each field.

      To put a fixed file name in the `FCC' field each time you start
      editing an outgoing message, set the variable
      `mail-archive-file-name' to that file name.  Unless you remove the
      `FCC' field before sending, the message will be written into that
      file when it is sent.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: vm - saving outgoing messages to som folder.
@ 2005-08-05  9:14   ` makwak
From: makwak @ 2005-08-05  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Thank You Kevin, it works!
I also wondered whether there is a way to save my sent messages to some IMAP folder.
Do You know some solution for that ?

Greetings

@ 2005-08-05 17:37     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-08-05 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

makwak wrote:
 > I also wondered whether there is a way to save my sent messages to
 > some IMAP folder.

Hmmm, that'd be cool.  It looks like Gnus' Message mode might support
that; see the Archived Messages and the IMAP nodes of the Gnus manual,
then ask specific questions on the gnu.emacs.gnus newsgroup.

--
Kevin

* Re: vm - saving outgoing messages to som folder.
@ 2005-08-05 22:06       ` Edward O'Connor
From: Edward O'Connor @ 2005-08-05 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> I also wondered whether there is a way to save my sent messages to
>> some IMAP folder.

You could use the Gcc header to save the message to any Gnus group
(including IMAP folders opened via nnimap).

Ted

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0@gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.