all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* W32 emacsclientw.exe generates connection error
@ 2008-11-17 19:06 Earl Kent
From: Earl Kent @ 2008-11-17 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Using emacs 22.3 - when  I run emacsclientw.exe on XPSP3 and emacs is
not already running I get the error:

"emacsclientw: connect: No connection could be made because the target
machine actively refused it."

The error is an OK dialog box and if I click OK, Emacs starts
normally.  If Emacs is already running I don't get the error. I've
added (server-start) to my .emacs file.  Am I missing anything in
trying to get this to work?

Thanks!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-11-17 19:06 UTC | newest]