all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* visual bell in emacs23 ns port
@ 2009-09-07 21:31 Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2009-09-07 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm not really sure if that's the right place to ask... but...

The visual-bell as featured in emacs23/ns (a black square in the middle
of the frame?! seriously?) is driving me insane.

Is there a way to use the same visual-bell as in x11/carbon? (I truly
love that behavior).

* Re: visual bell in emacs23 ns port
@ 2009-09-08  0:50 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2009-09-08  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2009-09-07 22:31 +0100, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
> I'm not really sure if that's the right place to ask... but...
>
> The visual-bell as featured in emacs23/ns (a black square in the middle
> of the frame?! seriously?) is driving me insane.

Emacs in X11 flashes the top and bottom line, which seems to be equally
'annoying' as Emacs.app.

Check: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MilesBader

--
Leo's Emacs uptime: 16 minutes, 43 seconds

* Re: visual bell in emacs23 ns port
@ 2009-09-08 10:11   ` Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2009-09-08 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 01:50:02 +0100
Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-09-07 22:31 +0100, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
> > I'm not really sure if that's the right place to ask... but...
> >
> > The visual-bell as featured in emacs23/ns (a black square in the
> > middle of the frame?! seriously?) is driving me insane.
>
> Emacs in X11 flashes the top and bottom line, which seems to be
> equally 'annoying' as Emacs.app.

I like that behavior instead. It's not as "flashy" as inverting the
whole frame (like most terminals do) and works for any color
combination.

> > Is there a way to use the same visual-bell as in x11/carbon? (I
> > truly love that behavior).
>
> Check: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MilesBader

Funny, but I still like the original behavior best.

* Re: visual bell in emacs23 ns port
@ 2009-09-08 16:00 Elena
From: Elena @ 2009-09-08 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 8 Set, 10:11, Yuri D'Elia <wav...@users.sf.net> wrote:
> Funny, but I still like the original behavior best.

What behaviour?

* Re: visual bell in emacs23 ns port
@ 2009-09-09  7:28 ` Yuri D'Elia
From: Yuri D'Elia @ 2009-09-09  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:00:18 -0700 (PDT)
Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 Set, 10:11, Yuri D'Elia <wav...@users.sf.net> wrote:
> > Funny, but I still like the original behavior best.
>
> What behaviour?

Inverting the first and last line of the frame.