On 12/19/2023 11:14 AM, João Távora wrote: > close 67884 > thanks > > On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 9:50 AM João Távora wrote: > >> Thanks. Reproduced. I think the error specifically was due to >> recent changes in Emacs master. > I fixed the recently introduced error in Emacs master (c0c79b0b4). > >> In Emacs 29, fido-mode doesn't >> error, but doesn't respect case-fold-search either. > I may have mislead you to think there was also a problem in Emacs 29, > but there isn't. Completion styles obey completion-ignore-case, > not case-fold-search directly. > > Furthermore, while the flex completion style does obey it, fido-mode > (which is a "Fake Ido" extension) always sets completion-ignore-case > to t by default. There are ways to get around it, admittedly > not very practical, but not terrible either. > > (defun joaot/minibuffer-setup-hook () > (setq-local completion-ignore-case nil)) > (add-hook 'minibuffer-setup-hook #'joaot/minibuffer-setup-hook t) > > João Nice. Anyway, for me ignore case in minibuffer is the most suitable method, and maybe for most people too.