all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Forms mode font color
@ 2014-03-30  1:30 ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2014-03-30  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Blake McBride <blake1024@gmail.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I just moved from a Mac to Linux and I am having trouble with my emacs
> config.  Most everything works fine, except however, in forms mode.
> The data fields are using a white font with a turquoise background.
> It is very difficult to see.  I do not know how to control this in
> forms mode. There are so many options these days that I hardly know
> where to start.  I'd like to edit my .emacs file to fix this.  I've
> been using forms mode for at least 15 years and never had this problem
> before.

Anywhere, just move the cursor on the field you want to change the face,
and type M-x customize-face RET RET

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/

* Forms mode font color
@ 2014-03-30  1:30 Blake McBride
From: Blake McBride @ 2014-03-30  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Greetings,

I just moved from a Mac to Linux and I am having trouble with my emacs
config.  Most everything works fine, except however, in forms mode.  The
data fields are using a white font with a turquoise background.  It is
very difficult to see.  I do not know how to control this in forms mode.
  There are so many options these days that I hardly know where to
start.  I'd like to edit my .emacs file to fix this.  I've been using
forms mode for at least 15 years and never had this problem before.

Blake

* Re: Forms mode font color
@ 2014-03-30  5:34   ` Alex Kost
From: Alex Kost @ 2014-03-30  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Blake McBride; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Pascal J. Bourguignon (2014-03-30 05:30 +0400) wrote:

> Blake McBride <blake1024@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I just moved from a Mac to Linux and I am having trouble with my emacs
>> config.  Most everything works fine, except however, in forms mode.
>> The data fields are using a white font with a turquoise background.
>> It is very difficult to see.  I do not know how to control this in
>> forms mode. There are so many options these days that I hardly know
>> where to start.  I'd like to edit my .emacs file to fix this.  I've
>> been using forms mode for at least 15 years and never had this problem
>> before.
>
> Anywhere, just move the cursor on the field you want to change the face,
> and type M-x customize-face RET RET

Also you can press "C-u C-x =" to see all info about faces and overlays
under the point.

--
Alex Kost

* Re: Forms mode font color
@ 2014-03-31  3:00   ` Blake McBride
From: Blake McBride @ 2014-03-31  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 03/29/2014 08:30 PM, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
> Blake McBride <blake1024@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I just moved from a Mac to Linux and I am having trouble with my emacs
>> config.  Most everything works fine, except however, in forms mode.
>> The data fields are using a white font with a turquoise background.
>> It is very difficult to see.  I do not know how to control this in
>> forms mode. There are so many options these days that I hardly know
>> where to start.  I'd like to edit my .emacs file to fix this.  I've
>> been using forms mode for at least 15 years and never had this problem
>> before.
>
> Anywhere, just move the cursor on the field you want to change the face,
> and type M-x customize-face RET RET

Thanks a lot  guys!!  That is just what I needed.  (Really pretty cool
how easy it is!)

Have a great day.

Blake