all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problem (bug?) with fill prefix in latex mode
@ 2009-10-16  7:23 Martin Rubey
From: Martin Rubey @ 2009-10-16  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have the following text in a latex mode buffer

      ++ maxMixedDegree(d) specifies the maximum q-degree of the
      ++ coefficient polynomials in a recurrence with polynomial
      ++ coefficients, in the case of mixed shifts.  Although slightly
      ++ inconsistent, maxMixedDegree(0) specifies that no mixed shifts
      ++ are allowed. This option is expressed in the form
      ++ \spad{maxMixedDegree == d}.

setting fill-prefix to "      ++ " and pressing M-q turns it into

      ++ maxMixedDegree(d) specifies the maximum q-degree of the ++
      coefficient polynomials in a recurrence with polynomial ++
      coefficients, in the case of mixed shifts.  Although slightly
      ++ inconsistent, maxMixedDegree(0) specifies that no mixed
      shifts ++ are allowed. This option is expressed in the form ++
      \spad{maxMixedDegree == d}.

Help for fixing that would be greatly appreciated!

Martin

* Re: problem (bug?) with fill prefix in latex mode
@ 2009-10-16  7:38 ` Martin Rubey
       [not found]   ` <d9fx9cir5c.fsf@ada0.ifam.uni-hannover.de>
From: Martin Rubey @ 2009-10-16  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: auctex

I should add: the problem is very likely in LaTeX-fill-paragraph from
latex.el from auctex, therefore I CC...

The top lines of the ChangeLog in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/ say

2007-01-12  Ralf Angeli  <angeli@caeruleus.net>

   * Version 11.84 released.

(No idea how to get the version otherwise)

I'm using emacs 22 there.

Martin

@ 2009-10-21 17:38   ` Martin Rubey
       [not found]   ` <d9fx9cir5c.fsf@ada0.ifam.uni-hannover.de>
From: Martin Rubey @ 2009-10-21 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: auctex

Dear Ralf,

thanks for your answer on the mailing list.  I meanwhile found a
different workaround, which consists simply in using
fill-region-as-paragraph.

It should admit that the real offender is mmm-mode, since it doesn't
switch properly between latex and code chunks.  But it seems that mmm is
not supported anymore, is it?

All the best,

@ 2009-10-21 18:02     ` Martin Rubey
From: Martin Rubey @ 2009-10-21 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Martin Rubey <axiomize@yahoo.de> writes:

> It should admit that the real offender is mmm-mode, since it doesn't
> switch properly between latex and code chunks.  But it seems that mmm is
> not supported anymore, is it?

jsut discovered multi-mode.el and noweb.el from

http://www.loveshack.ukfsn.org/emacs/

I'm going to try that for a while now...

Martin