all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs metadata editor for (mostly) scientific pdf's
@ 2013-01-15  7:55 Martin Rubey
From: Martin Rubey @ 2013-01-15  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there!

I wonder whether anybody has tried or would like to try to adapt dired
to manage pdf's metadata.

Namely, I have a collection of files, organized in a simple directory
structure by topic (as "algebra", "combinatorics", ...), which mostly
works for me.

I have a few tools (pdfmeat http://code.google.com/p/pdfmeat/, pdftk)
that I may want to use on the files.

The main problem is: instead of mode, owner, size, date I would rather
like to see (and possibly edit) some fields from the file's metadata
(eg. author, title) in addition to the filename.

There is no way I could write this, but I'd be happy to fiddle around a
little...

Best,

Martin