all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* doc skeleton html-helper-mode
@ 2007-12-05  8:32 flebber
From: flebber @ 2007-12-05  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am trying to set up the doc skeleton for html-helper-mode. So that I
can add the xtml doctype declarations and so forth in. Is there a file
to edit so that I can get it configured the way I want.

I have tried also to engage php-html-helper-mode and added this too
my .emacs

 ;;  HTML-HELPER-MODE  ###########################

(setq load-path (cons "~/emacsloadpath" load-path))
(autoload 'html-helper-mode "html-helper-mode" "Yay HTML" t)
(autoload 'php-html-helper-mode "php-html-helper-mode" "Yay HTML" t)
(autoload 'asp-html-helper-mode "asp-html-helper-mode" "Yay HTML" t)
(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.html$" . html-helper-mode) auto-mode-
$
(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.shtml$" . html-helper-mode) auto-mode
$
(setq html-helper-build-new-buffer t)
(setq html-helper-do-write-file-hooks t)

However php mode errors with
: Cannot open load file: php-html-helper-mode

Any ideas.

* Re: doc skeleton html-helper-mode
@ 2007-12-05 11:58 ` flebber
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4569.1196869933.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: flebber @ 2007-12-05 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 5, 7:32 pm, flebber <flebber.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to set up the doc skeleton for html-helper-mode. So that I
> can add the xtml doctype declarations and so forth in. Is there a file
> to edit so that I can get it configured the way I want.
>
> I have tried also to engage php-html-helper-mode and added this too
> my .emacs
>
>  ;;  HTML-HELPER-MODE  ###########################
>
> (setq load-path (cons "~/emacsloadpath" load-path))
> (autoload 'html-helper-mode "html-helper-mode" "Yay HTML" t)
> (autoload 'php-html-helper-mode "php-html-helper-mode" "Yay HTML" t)
> (autoload 'asp-html-helper-mode "asp-html-helper-mode" "Yay HTML" t)
> (setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.html$" . html-helper-mode) auto-mode-
> $
> (setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.shtml$" . html-helper-mode) auto-mode
> $
> (setq html-helper-build-new-buffer t)
> (setq html-helper-do-write-file-hooks t)
>
> However php mode errors with
> : Cannot open load file: php-html-helper-mode
>
> Any ideas.

As I read further into this it raises more questions. To write
compliant xhtml and have css, php and javascript modes the appears to
be a mix of options.
Has anybody found a good solution to this ? What do you use to make
emacs into a webdev environment ? Any feedback, suggestions or links
greatly appreciated.

* Re: doc skeleton html-helper-mode
@ 2007-12-05 15:52   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4569.1196869933.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-12-05 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: flebber; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode

@ 2007-12-06  9:11     ` flebber
       [not found]       ` <mailman.4903.1197424048.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: flebber @ 2007-12-06  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 6, 2:52 am, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
<lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> flebber wrote:
> > As I read further into this it raises more questions. To write
> > compliant xhtml and have css, php and javascript modes the appears to
> > be a mix of options.
> > Has anybody found a good solution to this ? What do you use to make
> > emacs into a webdev environment ? Any feedback, suggestions or links
> > greatly appreciated.
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode

I saw that site and then also this one http://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren/projects/emacs-webdev/
and started to wonder what the most complete both in features and
stability would be.

* Re: doc skeleton html-helper-mode
@ 2007-12-12  1:47       ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
       [not found]       ` <mailman.4903.1197424048.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-12-12  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: flebber; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

flebber wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2:52 am, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
> <lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> flebber wrote:
>>> As I read further into this it raises more questions. To write
>>> compliant xhtml and have css, php and javascript modes the appears to
>>> be a mix of options.
>>> Has anybody found a good solution to this ? What do you use to make
>>> emacs into a webdev environment ? Any feedback, suggestions or links
>>> greatly appreciated.
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode
>
> I saw that site and then also this one http://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren/projects/emacs-webdev/
> and started to wonder what the most complete both in features and
> stability would be.

I have asked Darren for some comments.

@ 2007-12-12 11:06         ` flebber
From: flebber @ 2007-12-12 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 12, 12:47 pm, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
<lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> flebber wrote:
> > On Dec 6, 2:52 am, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
> > <lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode
>
> > I saw that site and then also this onehttp://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren/projects/emacs-webdev/
> > and started to wonder what the most complete both in features and
> > stability would be.
>
> I have asked Darren for some comments.

Thanks

* Re: doc skeleton html-helper-mode
@ 2007-12-24 22:08           ` flebber
From: flebber @ 2007-12-24 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 12, 10:06 pm, flebber <flebber.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 12:47 pm, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
>

> <lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > flebber wrote:
>
> > > I saw that site and then also this onehttp://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren/projects/emacs-webdev/
> > > and started to wonder what the most complete both in features and
> > > stability would be.
>
> > I have asked Darren for some comments.
>
> Thanks

Have you heard anymore about the best options ?

* Re: doc skeleton html-helper-mode
@ 2007-12-25  0:58             ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-12-25  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: flebber; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, Darren Brierton

flebber wrote:
> On Dec 12, 10:06 pm, flebber <flebber.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 12, 12:47 pm, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
>>

>> <lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have asked Darren for some comments.
>> Thanks
>
> Have you heard anymore about the best options ?

I got a reply from Darren on 2007-12-06. He said that he is still using
Emacs for developing, but that he had not seen nXhtml. I sent him a
link, but after that I have not heard anything. It might be christmas
time that has come between, I do not know. (I am cc-ing Darren here.)

However I have just updated the nXhtml beta, see here:

   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode

If you do take a look some feedback might be welcome ;-)