Here's a doc patch for ElDoc, with some minor readability fixes. I'm unsure how to improve the doc for globalized minor modes, so I'll leave that for another time. On 06/06/2017 22:19, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 6/6/17 9:33 PM, Charles A. Roelli wrote: >> I'm confused about how the command `define-globalized-minor-mode' >> defines will handle buffers that already have the minor mode turned >> on. > > Indeed, the docstring is a bit ambiguous. > > Maybe you want to improve the documentation of the said function, or > the auto-generated docstring that it puts on the created minor modes. > >> Say buffers A and B have simple `eldoc-mode' switched on, and >> buffers C and D don't (and global-eldoc-mode is off). If I then >> switch global-eldoc-mode on, is every buffer's value of eldoc-mode >> now /on/, or do the values get toggled instead (leaving A and B off, C >> and D on)? > > Not toggled, of course. On everywhere (where appropriate). > >> And after that, if I toggle global-eldoc-mode off again, >> are the previous values remembered and restored, or does every buffer >> now have eldoc-mode switched off? > > Not remembered, no. Off everywhere.