Hello, This patch adds a local version of `delete-selection-mode`. I use a modal editing package for which I would like to have `delete-selection-mode` enabled depending on the modal state that is active in the buffer. This doesn't currently work because `delete-selection-mode` applies to all buffers. For compatibility, I made the local mode set the value of the variable `delete-selection-mode` buffer locally. I see that some features, such as the built-in `table.el`, check that variable to adjust their behavior. Do you think that is a good way to maintain compatibility? Thank you.