all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Shortcut to change buffers?
@ 2005-04-21 14:15 JS
From: JS @ 2005-04-21 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a shortcut combination that lets you shift between the different
buffers?

* Re: Shortcut to change buffers?
@ 2005-04-21 18:35 Ryan Bowman
From: Ryan Bowman @ 2005-04-21 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >>  Is there a shortcut combination that lets you
> shift between the
> >>  different buffers?
> >

> It basically works like iswitchb.el. What I am
> looking for is something like
> the Alt-Tab function that is used for shifting
> between regular windows.
>
> Would it be possible to make a function in emacs
> just like Alt-Tab to shift
> between buffers?

I use bs-cycle-next and bs-cycle-previous, bound
thusly:
(global-set-key "\M-n" 'bs-cycle-next)
(global-set-key "\M-p" 'bs-cycle-previous)
from bs.el which is part of emacs (at least cvs-emacs).

----
Ryan Bowman

While any text editor can save your files, only Emacs can save your soul. -- Per Abrahamsen

Emacs is not built by hate of vi. vi is irrelevant - it is no more than a strange punishment that the unbelievers submit themselves to. -- Matan Ninio
----

http://mail.yahoo.com

[parent not found: <mailman.2447.1114108880.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]