all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* glitch when printing from Win 7
@ 2013-06-02 20:12 zeb7k
From: zeb7k @ 2013-06-02 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When in Windows 7 I often use the print-region command from EMACS (23.2.1) to send text to the printer.  My lpr-command is the name of simple .bat file I use which simply accepts the temp file name that EMACS passes it and tells NotePad.exe to print it.

Well, under conditions I cannot fathom, the name that EMACS passes has some weird escape character at its beginning.  This happens about 5% of the times I try to print.  Once it does happen, it happens consistently.   I end up having to print manually: running NotePad, yanking from EMACS, pasting into NotePad and printing from the NotePad menu.   The next day, the problem is gone.  Kind of annoying.  Any ideas?