all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs 23 and font hinting
@ 2009-08-02  2:55 Ilmari Vacklin
From: Ilmari Vacklin @ 2009-08-02  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

on Ubuntu 9.04, the Emacs 23 I built myself with the default options
(i.e. Xft got built in but OTF and m17n did not) seems to be using
strange hinting settings. It looks like it is using fully hinted fonts
when my GNOME and FontConfig settings specify the slight hinting mode:

$ query|grep Xft
Xft.antialias:	1
Xft.dpi:	96
Xft.hinting:	1
Xft.hintstyle:	hintslight
Xft.lcdfilter:	lcddefault
Xft.rgba:	rgb

Any hints if I can check what settings Emacs is using, or how I should
tell it which settings to use?

Ilmari Vacklin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-08-02  2:55 UTC | newest]