all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Modifying the skeleton behavior
@ 2005-03-15 10:37 FCC
From: FCC @ 2005-03-15 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,
I have {,[,< ,(,' and " bound to skeleton-pair-insert-maybe, and
skeleton-pair is set to t. It seems to work great, except that with '
and ", immediately after a word, I don't want pairing of the character.
How can I achieve that?

Example: In `Isaac Newton`, immediately after `c`, if I hit ' or ", I
will get pairing. I don't want to. How do I prevent that but keep all
the other features of pairing?

Thanks in advance,

--
FCC.

===
Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real
with the ideal never goes unpunished.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

* Re: Modifying the skeleton behavior
@ 2005-03-15 12:06 ` FCC
From: FCC @ 2005-03-15 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

FCC articulated on 03/15/05 11:37:

>Hello all,
>I have {,[,< ,(,' and " bound to skeleton-pair-insert-maybe, and
>skeleton-pair is set to t. It seems to work great, except that with '
>and ", immediately after a word, I don't want pairing of the character.
>How can I achieve that?
>
>Example: In `Isaac Newton`, immediately after `c`, if I hit ' or ", I
>will get pairing. I don't want to. How do I prevent that but keep all
>the other features of pairing?
>
>Thanks in advance,

OK, I found out that I only need to mark the word that I need to quote
and then hit ' or ". No need to do anything else. Again thinking too
complicated.

--
FCC.

===