all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to avoid warning, with undefined functions in a package
@ 2020-10-19  5:58 Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-10-19  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Let us say I have some speech functions, but do not want to
(require 'festival) for the package rcd-utilities.el

Those are undefined functions and variables, but I would not like
defining them, or requiring them, unless user has that other package.

What would be good approach to solve that, and that there are no
compiler warnings?

In rcd-speak-festival:
rcd-utilities.el:121:23: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘festival-program-name’

In end of data:
rcd-utilities.el:205:1: Warning: the function ‘festival-say-string’ is not
    known to be defined.