all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* xemacs, clisp and slime
@ 2004-10-19  2:17 surendra singhi
From: surendra singhi @ 2004-10-19  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I know it is not an xemacs forum but xemacs and emacs they are so similiar I
thought that someone here might help me as emcas forum is much more active
then the xemacs one.

My question is, how to set inferior-lisp-program to clisp in xemacs?
I am using windows machine and has the latest release of xemacs.

I tried using M-x set-variable inferior-lisp-program "C:\\program
files\\clisp-2.33.1\\base\\lisp.ede -I" but it doesn't seems to work.
Especially when i start the lisp mode, slime starts up but the options
to evaluate the expression are not enabled and in the bottom bar it
shows (LISP Slime[??]).
Any when i explicitly start up slime it gives me an error
"Searching for program: No such file or directory, C:\program"
Is the problem due to space, anyway to overcome it?

I also tried removing the space and just used
"C:\\clisp-2.33.1\\base\\lisp.ede -I" as the path of my clisp but it still
didn't seem to work, is it a bug in slime or clisp or xemacs.

Any help on this will be heartily appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Surendra Singhi

* Re: xemacs, clisp and slime
@ 2004-10-19  8:24 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2004-10-19  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

"surendra singhi" <tempaccount_2004@hotmail.com> writes:

> I know it is not an xemacs forum but xemacs and emacs they are so
> similiar I thought that someone here might help me as emcas forum is
> much more active then the xemacs one.

Please don't crosspost your question without announcement in the
headers to more than one group, this causes unnecessary work since it
becomes impossible to see whether somebody else already answered it
elsewhere.

I answered this already in comp.emacs and comp.lang.lisp.