all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* debug problem when using gdb of cygwin .
@ 2004-09-08  7:29 rokia
       [not found] ` <mailman.2144.1094735781.1998.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: rokia @ 2004-09-08  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

my system is windows xp.

I made a project with MS visual studio.
it's a console application.

I successed  nmake this file. and when I try to debug this exe file.

gdb tell me that there were no debugging info found. :(  obviousely, the exe
file is a debug version.

what should I do,then ?

thanks

* Re: debug problem when using gdb of cygwin .
@ 2004-09-09 12:59 ` Kai Grossjohann
       [not found] ` <mailman.2144.1094735781.1998.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-09-09 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

"rokia" <rokiadd@yahoo.com.cn.discuss> writes:

> gdb tell me that there were no debugging info found. :(  obviousely, the exe
> file is a debug version.

Perhaps gdb can't debug executables built with the Microsoft
compiler.  You could try to use gcc to build the executable.

This has nothing to do with Emacs, though.

Kai

@ 2004-09-09 14:55   ` rokia
From: rokia @ 2004-09-09 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

thanks for your reply.
I will go to find another proper group for this question.
"Kai Grossjohann" <kai@emptydomain.de>