all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Carbon Emacs and xdvi
@ 2004-09-07 21:56 Nathan Sidoli
From: Nathan Sidoli @ 2004-09-07 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm currently using emacs in the X11 server on Panther. I'm
considering switching to Carbon Emacs but I don't like the way the
view command is functioning. I would prefer to simply view my docs in
xdvi (which I currently do). It is set up to compile first to dvi then
to pdf and then to view with Preview.

I tried fiddling with the .emacs.el file. That is with

;; Preferred view format: dvi, ps, pdf, pdfs
(setq TeX-view-format "dvi")

and

;; DVI previewer
(setq dvi-previewer-program
      (if darwinp
	  ;; "open -a 'MacDviX'"
	  "setenv DISPLAY localhost:0.0;/sw/bin/xdvi"
	"xdvi"))

but I wasn't able to make the changes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nathan

* Re: Carbon Emacs and xdvi
@ 2004-09-09  5:16 ` Arthur Ogus
From: Arthur Ogus @ 2004-09-09  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

The following worked for me:

;; DVI previewer
(setq dvi-previewer-program
      (if darwinp
;;	   "open -a 'MacDviX'"
	  "setenv DISPLAY localhost:0.0;xdvi"
	"/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/xdvi"))