all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Ralf Angeli <angeli@iwi.uni-sb.de>
Subject: Re: [reveal-mode] Hiding short expressions
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 21:34:55 +0200	[thread overview]

* Kevin Rodgers (2004-07-06) writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>  > * Stefan (2004-07-03) writes:
>  >>Indeed, I think it should be decided on an overlay basis rather
>  >>than for the whole buffer.  But I don't like forcing an
>  >>indirection through `category', so I'd just do (overlay-get ol
>  >>'reveal-close) which also obeys the `category' prop if present.
>  >
>  > This would be fine with me.  I'd use the symbol 'reveal-on-cursor-out,
>  > though.
>
> Emacs generally uses the term point instead of cursor, e.g. the
> point-entered and point-left text properties.  So how about
> reveal-point-left or reveal-when-point-left?

One remark: If I am the only one who requested/needed such a feature,
please don't bother anymore.

While I was working with reveal.el I found that I cannot use the
'invisible property of overlays which has to be set with reveal.el.
If there are invisible overlays, `move-to-column' will not look at the
content covered by the overlay but at the overlay itself.  Now when
you fill a paragraph with short overlays covering some longer text
passages and delete the overlays afterwards, there will most likely be
overfull lines.  Therefore I cannot use reveal.el in its totality
anyway and I am not in need of it testing for a special property
anymore.

--
Ralf