all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to move to upper line
@ 2004-07-06  5:41 Chang PilHun
From: Chang PilHun @ 2004-07-06  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not as ctrl+p or ctrl+n.
for example, if my terminal width is 80, the line of longer width than
80chars appears as two different lines.
'Ctrl+p' moves cursor two or more upper lines.(In fact, This is only one
line !)
I want move cursor 'only one line'.
In Vim, 'k' is equal to 'ctrl+p', and 'j' is equal to 'ctrl+n',
and I can do that by typing 'gk', 'gj'.

(I cannot find this in my o'reilly book...)
Sorry for my poor english. :-(

* Re: how to move to upper line
@ 2004-07-06  7:52 ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2004-07-06  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Chang PilHun" <cph@nhncorp.com> writes:

> Not as ctrl+p or ctrl+n.
> for example, if my terminal width is 80, the line of longer width than
> 80chars appears as two different lines.
> 'Ctrl+p' moves cursor two or more upper lines.(In fact, This is only one
> line !)
> I want move cursor 'only one line'.
> In Vim, 'k' is equal to 'ctrl+p', and 'j' is equal to 'ctrl+n',
> and I can do that by typing 'gk', 'gj'.
>
> (I cannot find this in my o'reilly book...)
> Sorry for my poor english. :-(

Maybe this is what you want:

screen-lines.el version 0.52 (from google groups):

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22screen-lines%22+group:gnu.emacs.sources&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=gnu.emacs.sources&selm=927e54%24f7l%241%40nw032.infoweb.ne.jp&rnum=3

/Mathias