all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* disable global hotkey from Microsoft File Transfer Manager
@ 2009-11-07  0:26 Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2009-11-07  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

when i upgraded my PowerShell installation on my Vista, the download
page forced me to install Microsoft File Transfer Manager (FTM)
because the download only comes in that format.

Now, if i press Ctrl+Alt+f, the FTM starts up. How to disable this
shortcut? I need this key in emacs.

I looked in registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft, but
couldn't find it.

Thanks.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

* Re: disable global hotkey from Microsoft File Transfer Manager
@ 2009-11-07 11:34 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2009-11-07 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 16:26:37 -0800 (PST)
>
> when i upgraded my PowerShell installation on my Vista, the download
> page forced me to install Microsoft File Transfer Manager (FTM)
> because the download only comes in that format.
>
> Now, if i press Ctrl+Alt+f, the FTM starts up. How to disable this
> shortcut? I need this key in emacs.

Do you see anything related in the Keyboard applet under Control Panel
(in the "Key Settings" tab) or in the "Regional and Languages Options"
applet, when you click Details from the Languages tab and then click
"Key Settings"?