all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs hangs on X11 paste--how to diagnose?
@ 2015-03-12  0:49 jrw
From: jrw @ 2015-03-12  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've been having a problem in Emacs (my own build based on 24.4.51.1) where sometimes, if I try to paste from an X11 program, either using C-y or a middle click, Emacs freezes for several seconds.  Pressing C-g does nothing, but usually Emacs starts responding again after a few seconds.  Since I can't reproduce the issue reliably, does anyone have any ideas on how to diagnose this problem.  It seems like the next step may be to run Emacs in gdb, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.