all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Compilation error regexp alist doesn't match my compiler anymor
@ 2004-05-25 17:13 Arjan Bos
From: Arjan Bos @ 2004-05-25 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

On the 23rd of May 2004, I checked out from cvs and compiled a new
version of Emacs. It's for MacOSX --with-carbon --without-x

Unfortunately, it does not match the output of my compiler anymore. How
do I customize the appropriate alists so that it does match it?
I tried to read the documentation for compilation-error-regexp-alist and
compilation-error-regexp-alist-alist and the documentation of list, cons
and append, but even this combined couldn't help me enough to make the
appropriate entry in my .emacs by myself.

A sample compilation output is:

Classification.nrx:     method getUserObject
Classification.nrx:     method delete
Classification.nrx:  965         if this.getPublishedSubSchemes().size()
\= null then
Classification.nrx:                                                      ^
Classification.nrx:          Error: Cannot compare primitive type 'int'
to object reference type 'null'
Classification.nrx:     method getDeletable

'Classification.nrx' is the file name and '965' is the line number.
So "^\\(.*\\.nrx:\\)[ \\t]*\\([0-9]+\\)" should be able to match it. But
then I'm lost in lists.

Any thoughts on matching the above sample output?

btw:
I remember a posting to gnu.emacs.sources a few months ago about a new
compile.el but since it stated that all the then current matchings
should be matched by the new system I didn't pay it any attention. It
seems that this is what is costing me ;-)

TIA,
Arjan

If you really want to contact me, then replace the "I see you" text by
its real value, the single word "het net".

Fabricate Diem PVNC, Motto of the Night Watch -- Terry Pratchett