all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Dvorak/Svorak in Emacs
@ 2009-10-03 14:58 Johan Andersson
From: Johan Andersson @ 2009-10-03 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

I've been thinking for a while about testing Dvorak in Emacs (or Svorak for
me since I'm from Sweden). Before I started I out, I googled a bit about
"emacs dvorak", but to my suprise got really few hits about this. So I
thought I'd ask here.

First off I found out that you could do *C-\ english-dvorak RET*, which
would activate Dvorak but still keep the the Emacs keybindings (So that you
don't have to type C-l to go to the previous line). But that does not help
me all the way, since I want to use Svorak. And by only switching the Xorg
keyboard layout to Svorak, I'd still have to somehow remap all keybindings
in Emacs.

So the question is basically: How do I get Svorak working in Emacs? And do
any of you even use Dvorak at all? I mean Emacs users often use Emacs
because you can do things really fast, so I tought that many Emacs users
would use Dvorak.

Thanks!