On 9/18/17 10:08 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote: > Thanks for this. I'm impressed. Your syntax-ppss--data is far more > elegant than my syntax-ppss-set-cache. The burden of carrying around > the caches in cons cells is much less than I had feared. The amendments > to syntax-ppss are also less than I had feared, amounting to little more > than substituting "syntax-ppss-cache" with "ppss-cache" etc., and making > a few bindings to support that. Thanks! > I notice you flush both caches eagerly, as you said you would. No harm > in that. > > So, I'm willing to go with your version. I haven't tried actually > running it, yet. Please do. > But there's one small change I would ask you to consider making - that > is, in the cache conses, to put ppss-last in the car and ppss-cache in > the cdr. That way, while debugging, ppss-last will be easy to find > (it's the first element of the list) and ppss-cache will also be easy to > find (the second element onwards). Sure, that makes a lot of sense, since ppss-last is a smaller structure. The modified patch is attached.