On Fri, 31 Mar 2023, Gregory Heytings wrote: >>> https://languagetool.org/download/LanguageTool-stable.zip >> >> It appears to be designed as a full-blown, multi-connection server.  Even >> if it is restricted to a local address, if it were a multi-user machine >> I'd be concerned about whether other users might gain access to the text >> I've sent to the server for processing. If it leaked text between requests, that would be a bug. But yes, it would be tidier if it was possible to communicate with the server via, say, a socket. > The zip file above contains the three versions of the program: GUI, > client-server, and command-line. The command-line tool takes too long to start to be of practical use to us. -- Peter Oliver