all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* M-x magit-status freezes emacs
@ 2017-02-27 16:30 Krishnakant
From: Krishnakant @ 2017-02-27 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Dear all,

I have barely started to program using emacs in Python and this major
issue has come up.

For now though, I use the shell and do all my git stuff.

But when in a repository I type M-x magit-status the entire Emacs hangs.

I can surely press C-g to get back on track but I am not able to use magit.

I researched a bit and found that there is some issue with Emacs 24.5
with magit.

But I am not getting any complete solution to fix this.

Can any one help?

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.