Hi Jean, I have got rcd-paps 0.3 rcd-utilities 2,12 dependency installed I checked https://github.com/dov/paps and downloaded the zip file. But how can I install it, because I unpacked it in the Download directory, but there is no el. file so when I wanted to install it the answer was there is no .el file. How can I install it? May be I have it already installed, but nevertheless I have problems to install such a package. Which commands do I have to use? thanks for help Gottfried Am 05.01.23 um 09:54 schrieb Jean Louis: > > Maybe you did not get really latest rcd-paps.el > https://gnu.support/files/emacs/packages/rcd-paps/rcd-paps.el > > It is very useful tool to generate PDF out of any buffer of Emacs. > > Another issue is that I use latest `paps' from: > > dov/paps: A text to postscript converter through pango: > https://github.com/dov/paps > > `paps' command as compared to GNU `a2ps' or `enscript' supports > Unicode and emoji out of box. > > There is also basic markup that one can use: > > Pango – 1.0: Text Attributes and Markup: > https://docs.gtk.org/Pango/pango_markup.html > > theoretically is possible to write translator package to convert Emacs > Enriched mode, or any fontified Emacs buffer to pango markup and to > generate PDF files in colors. > -- Kind regards Gottfried