On 10/2/22 09:10, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote: > This file is not generated with the default CC=gcc; there is only a > lib/assert.in.h present. That's odd. As far as I can see, lib/assert.h is needed only if you need to compile lib/filevercmp.c, lib/nanosleep.c, lib/pipe2.c, lib/rawmemchr.c, or lib/strtoimax.c, and I don't see why choosing clang over gcc would affect whether these files need to be compiled. I didn't notice the problem partly because I tested on Fedora 36, where none of the above files need to be compiled. Anyway, it is indeed a glitch on some platforms and I installed the attached patch to fix the annoyance. Thanks for reporting it.