On 2016-08-16 11:04, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Apparently the functions surrounding cl-fill use cl- prefix. so the >> change appear to be more cosmetic than technical. > > Indeed. But since the "cl-" prefix has to be used for global (aka > dynamically scoped) variables, it's good practice to *not* use it for > lexically scoped variables. > > IOW, I'm all for such cosmetic changes that harmonize the code, but we > should do that by removing (rather than adding) the "cl-" prefix where > it's not needed. Should the change be reverted, then?