all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cvs emacs
@ 2005-10-09 19:18 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2005-10-09 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I check out the current Emacs module? let alone
determine it in the first place?
--
Sean Sieger

* Re: cvs emacs
@ 2005-10-09 20:03 ` Bill Wohler
From: Bill Wohler @ 2005-10-09 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

> How do I check out the current Emacs module? let alone
> determine it in the first place?

Please read:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs

* Re: cvs emacs
       [not found] <mailman.10569.1128885570.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-10-09 20:14 ` Jens Kubieziel
From: Jens Kubieziel @ 2005-10-09 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs has the answer.

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
FdI#12: Zugriffsschutz

* Re: cvs emacs
@ 2005-10-09 21:49 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-10-09 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 09.10.2005 um 21:18 schrieb Sean Sieger:

> How do I check out the current Emacs module? let alone
> determine it in the first place?

setenv CVS_RSH  ssh

For GNU Emacs 22

cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs

To update:

cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs update emacs
or: cd emacs ; cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs
update

For Unicode Emacs 23:

cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co -d
emacs-unicode -r emacs-unicode-2 -P emacs

To update:

cd emacs-unicode ; cvs -z3
-d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs update

I couldn't find this information on
http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If all else fails read the instructions. - Donald Knuth

* Re: cvs emacs
@ 2005-10-09 23:27   ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2005-10-09 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> writes:

   Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

   > How do I check out the current Emacs module? let alone
   > determine it in the first place?

   Please read:

     http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs

Thank you. So when I do

cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs

I am indeed checking out the current module? When I did the above
command on 2005-08-25, and then installed it, I found that I had
installed Emacs 22.0.50.1 and somehow got it in my head that I had
not installed the current version of CVS Emacs.

I did not ask the right question.
--
Sean Sieger

* Re: cvs emacs
@ 2005-10-10  2:34   ` Bill Wohler
From: Bill Wohler @ 2005-10-10  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am indeed checking out the current module? When I did the above
> command on 2005-08-25, and then installed it, I found that I had
> installed Emacs 22.0.50.1 and somehow got it in my head that I had
> not installed the current version of CVS Emacs.

If you do not specify an older revision with the -r option, you get
the bleeding edge, which I think is what you're looking for.

> For Unicode Emacs 23:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co -d
> emacs-unicode -r emacs-unicode-2 -P emacs
>
> To update:
>
> cd emacs-unicode ; cvs -z3
> -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs update

I didn't realize this module even existed. Hmmm.

By the way, for the update you can simplify to:

  cd emacs-unicode; cvs up

You can add "cvs -z3" to your ~/.cvsrc so you don't have to type it
all the time.

* Re: cvs emacs
@ 2005-10-10  9:15     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-10-10  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 10.10.2005 um 01:27 schrieb Sean Sieger:

> I am indeed checking out the current module? When I did the above
> command on 2005-08-25, and then installed it, I found that I had
> installed Emacs 22.0.50.1 and somehow got it in my head that I had
> not installed the current version of CVS Emacs.

Although the recent stable version of GNU Emacs is 21.4, it's CVS
version is 22.0.50. Before GNU Emacs 21.4 was released the same was
true. Long ago (last year?) there was a GNU Emacs 21.3.50 from CVS
available. I presume the 'model' was changed around last Christmas ...

> I did not ask the right question.

Could be that's another explanation ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen