all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Closing windows in frame
@ 2008-04-27  1:00 Antoine Hersen
From: Antoine Hersen @ 2008-04-27  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I have a question that I did not manage to find an answer by myself
mostly because I do not know how to formulate properly so thanks for
trying to understand.

When I have a frame split in many windows and I check changes into a
version control, one of the windows will be used to ask me for a
change log. But when I am done and use C-c C-c the windows collapse
modifying my nicely layout.

So my question : Is there a way to have the windows not collapse and
just reverse to the buffer that was previously there ?

Thanks for your time.

Antoine Hersen

--
Website : www.societylab.net
Tel : 916-397-4254

* Re: Closing windows in frame
@ 2008-04-27 18:30 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2008-04-27 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antoine Hersen; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher

* Re: Closing windows in frame
@ 2008-04-27 18:44 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2008-04-27 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antoine Hersen; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

"Antoine Hersen" <antoine.hersen@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I have a frame split in many windows and I check changes into a
> version control, one of the windows will be used to ask me for a
> change log. But when I am done and use C-c C-c the windows collapse
> modifying my nicely layout.

I was once bugged by a similar behavior of `vc-revert-buffer'.  I used
the following:

(defadvice vc-revert-buffer (around restore-window-config activate)
  "Stop `vc-revert-buffer' from closing any windows."
  (interactive)
  (let ((win-config (current-window-configuration)))
    ad-do-it
    (set-window-configuration win-config)))

You could try that with vc-revert-buffer replaced with whatever C-c C-c
is bound to.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher