all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* iso-accents-mode
@ 2009-09-23 18:39 fede
From: fede @ 2009-09-23 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi. when I do

M-x iso-accents-mode

I get a [No match].

I found the correct .el file, but where do I put it?

I'm also wondering if iso-accents-mode is for some reason obsolete and
I should be looking for another solution.

Thanks,

Federico

* Re: iso-accents-mode
@ 2009-09-24  4:42 ` Joost Kremers
       [not found] ` <mailman.7440.1253809367.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Joost Kremers @ 2009-09-24  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

fede wrote:
> Hi. when I do
>
> M-x iso-accents-mode
>
> I get a [No match].
>
> I found the correct .el file, but where do I put it?

you can put it anywhere you like, but you have to load it.

> I'm also wondering if iso-accents-mode is for some reason obsolete and
> I should be looking for another solution.

I think it is obsolete. Emacs comes with a whole range of input methods. Check
out the info node:

(info "(emacs) Input Methods")

HTH

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)

* Re: iso-accents-mode
@ 2009-09-24  7:01 ` Ivan Kanis
       [not found] ` <mailman.7440.1253809367.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2009-09-24  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: fede; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

fede <fede@hss.caltech.edu> wrote:

> I'm also wondering if iso-accents-mode is for some reason obsolete and
> I should be looking for another solution.

You don't need iso-accents-mode. Hit C-\ and select latin-prefix. To see
all input methods supported by emacs run M-x list-input-methods.
--
Ivan
Kanis http://kanis.fr

definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    -- Brian W. Kernighan

* Re: iso-accents-mode
       [not found] ` <mailman.7440.1253809367.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-09-24 17:46   ` fede
From: fede @ 2009-09-24 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Many thanks Joost and Ivan: latin-prefix works beautifully.

Federico